Fancy a Payday takes your data processing and privacy seriously. The information we provide to clients will be concise, transparent, intelligible, easily accessible, we will always try to use clear and plain language.
GC DataTech Ltd is registered in England and Wales (Company number 12843105), with a registered office Austin House, 43 Poole Road, Westbourne, Bournemouth. BH4 9DN. Licensed by the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number: ZA792614
fancyapayday.co.uk is a registered trading name of GC DataTech Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 939338.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you apply for a loan, use our contact form or use our unsubscribe form.
When completing any form on this site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number, amongst other information required to process your loan application or query. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
You are not obligated to provide us with your personal or financial information. However, as this information is required for us to process your loan application and comply with the relevant regulatory and Data Protection guidelines, you will not be offered our product or services without it.
Fancy a Payday takes your privacy seriously. We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To better personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To actively comply with the regulatory requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process your short-term loan application. We may share information with third parties for the purposes of processing your short-term loan.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide during your short-term loan application or other query may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your application and/or query, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information etc.
By “your information” we mean all personal and financial information about you that we:
- obtain from you or from third parties, such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies or other organisations;
- learn from the way you use and manage your account(s) with us; and
- collect from your computer, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You can also visit our unsubscribe page and submit the email address you no longer want to receive marketing emails for. Be advised if you have an active account with us we will continue to use this email address to contact you regarding any changes or updates to this account.
We will monitor and/or record telephone calls from and to you in the interests of customer service and for training purposes.
Credit decisions and also the prevention of fraud and money laundering
The lenders and brokers we partner with may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help them make lending decisions. A short guide to what they do and how they, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will use your information is detailed in the section called: A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by direct lenders and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies. If you try our free loan finder service, carefully selected third parties (such as other financial services companies) may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help them make decisions.
How do we protect your information?
Fancy a Payday take takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information at every stage of the application, query or request.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Fancy A Payday uses Trusted Partners with your permission, and only under certain circumstances (for example, our free Loan Finder service). However, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
The lenders with whom we share your information may use it for their legitimate business interests to match applications, carry out fraud checks, carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future. Most lenders might use this for up to 12 months.
We may give your information to:
- Carefully selected third parties (such as other financial services companies) so that they can contact you about other products and services that may be of interest to you; credit reference and fraud prevention agencies; people who provide a service to us or act on our behalf, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. If they are located in another country (which may be outside the European Economic Area) we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to information held in the UK and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us;
- Any third party who introduced you to us so that they can contact you and for their own accounting and administration purposes; and anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under this agreement.
- We may also give out information about you if we have a duty to do so or if the law requires or allows us to do so.
- If you agreed to us and third parties contacting you about other products and services during the application process but later decide you no longer wish to receive such communications then we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You can also visit our unsubscribe page and submit the email address you no longer want to receive marketing emails for.
- We will protect the information you provide us by: limiting the access our staff have to your information to the minimum required to perform their duties; and
- Maintaining firewalls and security technologies to minimise the risk of external attack to our servers;
- Ensuring that all your information is subject to data protection laws; and regularly monitoring our security systems.
You have the right to access any personal information that Fancy a Payday processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
You have the right to request access to the the data we hold about you. It may take us up to four weeks to provide you with this data and it will be provided initially free of charge. Subsequent requests for copies may be subject to an admin fee.
Lodging a complaint
Fancy a Payday strives to comply with all data processing legislation and only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however, you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint. Complaints should be lodged initially with us (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We use the principle of legitimate interest (your interest in applying for a loan) as the legal basis for the processing and storing of your data.